|White Chocolate Ice Cream with Candy Corn M&Ms|
Prep: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 9 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided in half
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate candy corn m&ms
- Tools Needed
- Ice Cream Maker
- Place white chocolate pieces in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl and whisk together with half the sugar, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, cream, remaining sugar and salt. Whisk gently until the the mixture is hot enough that little bubbles start to appear but before it boils.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the saucepan and over medium heat, whisk until it begins to thicken. Immediately remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into the white chocolate bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the white chocolate custard mixture bowl into an ice bath until fully cooled, stirring constantly.
- Allow the custard to cool in the fridge for one hour before processing in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- During the ice cream making process, pour in two cups of white chocolate m&ms
- Garnish with crushed m&ms before serving.