Kitchen Sink Bowtie Pasta Salad
(Makes 4-5 servings.)
This simply delicious pasta dish has not one, not two, but three kid-friendly vegetables. Broccoli, tomatoes and chick peas add great nutrition as well as convenience to the recipe.
* 8 ounces dried bowtie pasta
* 4 to 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
* 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
* One 7 ¾-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or half a 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/3 to 1/2 cup lite Italian or Caesar salad dressing
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Two to three minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli. Bring back to a boil and cook until the broccoli and pasta are done. Drain and place in a large bowl.
2. While the pasta is still warm, add the tomatoes, chickpeas, feta cheese, salad dressing, and salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
3. Serve warm or refrigerate for a cold salad.
Tip: You could also add bell pepper strips, black olives, or sugar snap peas.
350 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated, 550mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 15g protein, 30% vitamin A, 90% vitamin C, 20% calcium, 15% iron