- 8 chicken thighs, frozen (I only use chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Cooked rice
1. Put the frozen chicken in the slow cooker right out of the freezer.
2. Whisk all other ingredients (except cooked rice, broccoli, cornstarch and water) together and pour over the chicken.
3. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for four to five hours.
4. One hour before the chicken is finished, add frozen broccoli florets.
5. Before serving, remove the chicken and broccoli and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
6. Put slow cooker on high until the broth bubbles and thickens. Turn slow cooker off.
Fix a pot of rice (or pasta) and you have a very easy, delicious meal.