Original Recipe Yield 60 cookies
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 chocolate candy kisses with white stripes
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the condensed milk. Add the flour and vanilla, stir until well blended. Use about one tablespoon of dough to completely cover each Hug ™. Place on unprepared baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Using the top of a double boiler or microwave, melt the white chocolate and shortening together. Stir to blend, then drop a thumbnail sized portion on the top of each cookie.