Luscious Lemon Cake
• 4 eggs
• 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
2. Beat eggs until thick. Add pudding mix, cake mix, water, and oil; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 50 minutes.
4. In the last 5 minutes of baking, prepare the glaze. Mix lemon juice and 3 cups confectioner's sugar in a saucepan. Heat to boiling. Pour hot glaze over hot cake, and let cool for approximately 1 hour. Carefully invert cake onto serving platter. Finish with a light dusting of confectioners sugar.
Here are a few suggestions for this cake:
• Frost the cake with lemon cream cheese icing from an 8 oz. package cream cheese, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and powdered sugar.
• Instead of flouring the pan, use granulated sugar, which will eliminate the floury residue on the cake.
• Garnish with whipped cream that has had a little lemon juice or extract added.
• If baking in a bundt pan, wait about 15 minutes before inverting the pan to dump it. Some recommend the sides of the bundt pan to be cool before dumping it. You can use a rubber scraper to help release the sides and not scratch the pan.
• The cake is actually better if it sets a day.