EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
• 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
• 3 cups white sugar
• 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 3 cups water
• 3 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt. Add sugar and mix together.
3. Add oil, water and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
A couple of suggestions for this recipe:
Add a cup or more of semi-sweet chocolate chips for a more chocolatey taste.
Substitute part of the water with milk instead.
Use applesauce for all or part of the oil.
Add 1 tsp. cider vinegar.
It helps to also thoroughly mix the wet ingredients first then add to mixed dry ingredients and combine for about 1 minute.
Pour into cake pans, let sit 5 minutes to let the baking soda start to work then bake about 30-35 minutes for 2 round cake pans
We hope this recipe will assist those looking for cake recipes that contain no eggs or dairy (butter).
Shared with permission from: Linda Dougherty http://www.CakeIdeas101.com